Today I reached my 6 month goal of breastfeeding little Alexandra!! I am super proud of myself for making it this far and STICKING with it! Maybe another 6 months? who knows! Definitely everything I am reading recommends going for at least one year but 2 years is best. ha ha I know I won't be making it to the 2 year mark. Not sure about the 1 year either (maybe that is my next goal?). Alexandra is now taking a bottle (with breast milk) so that helps. If I do decide to stop soon I know that she has already benefited so much from what I have already done and is way ahead of formula babies is so many ways.
To all my pregnant friends and family: Please breastfeed! Make your first goal 6 weeks. If you can just do it for that long the benefits are amazing! The longer you do it the more benefits! If you start out having problems find a lactation consultant. There are now herbal teas, pills and ways of pumping to help your body make more milk to keep up with the demands of that precious little baby. or if you need a coach or reading material please let me know!!! Don't give up!
Hope everyone is doing well and have a fabulous Spring Break! I have lots of pictures from Austin's party to post. Its just seems that we stay so busy. I will post them soon.
XOXO
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Allyson!! That really is a wonderful accomplishment and the result of LOADS of hard work. I appreciate your idea of setting 1 goal at a time. I made it to 1 yr with Addison and am at 8 months with Ayden. It's certainly not always easy, but it is SO worth it!
I hope someone takes you up on your offer to help/encourage them; it makes a big difference to have someone supporting you :)
Post a Comment