Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Happy Birthday and a Cryin' Baby

That sums up my week! This was one of the most challenging weeks of me being a mom. For starters Austin has been getting up at 5:45 and not wanting to sleep much during the day. He has also developed a case of the 3 year old selective hearing. UGH! Plus, Alexandra has been EXTREMELY fussy and just not herself. I mean, NEVER wanting to be put down and crying/fussing nonstop. It was way worse than when she had colic. I was getting so frustrated and just KNEW something serious was wrong with my precious baby girl, UNTIL..............................
Can you see it? Alexandra is getting her first TOOTH!! Oh my gosh! What a surprise. Austin did not get his first tooth until he was almost one. Crazy girl!

Before teething gel and Motrin.........ha ha




Nothing a little teething gel and Motrin can't fix!


ON TO THE BIRTHDAY:

For Austin's Birthday we decided to take him to ToysRUs to pick out a toy. Guess what he picked out???????

Yep, that's right....CARS! He picked out Sheriff, blue Mack, and small lighting McQeen. I swear he has every car character from the movie and in every color. I really can't complain because they keep him occupied for hours at a time. (we did this after church and not on his actual b-day b/c on his actual b-day he just wanted to play outside on his swing set and not go anywhere)

On Friday (his actual b-day) we cooked out his favorite meal of hotdogs (yummy...ha ha), had cake and he played outside with his daddy and our neighbors. He had a great day! His big party is next Sunday. I'll post pics of that later. I hope everyone has a Great and BLESSED week!


Some cute pics of Austin eating his cake...he put the candle on himself and smart mama here ordered a cake with blue icing.......it was everywhere.





No comments: